Plantation shutters not only add beauty, elegance, poise, and dignity to any home, but they also represent great value!
Here are five reasons why you should consider plantation shutters for your home:
1) Rich-looking wooden shutters can complement any style of interior space – regardless of whether the style is traditional, transitional, eclectic, or contemporary.
2) In the past, it was typically only affluent homeowners who were able to afford them. Now, shutters have the look and feel of affluence without the overwhelming price tag.
3) Interior shutters are a great way to save energy, because you can regulate how much sunlight enters the room through the windows, helping keep the room cool in summer and warm in winter.
4) They require very little maintenance and are easy to clean.
5) Shutters are more permanent than other window treatments – and much less reflective of personal style and taste than, say, draperies. So when it comes time to sell your home, the vast majority of potential home buyers will find plantation shutters very appealing. In fact, plantation shutters are considered a home upgrade, and they will help you sell your home faster – especially in a market like the one we have today.
Although the initial cost might be higher for plantation shutters than for other types of window treatments, in the long run, you will be happy you made the initial investment because shutters really will provide long-term enjoyment for you and be an appealing upgrade that potential home buyers will appreciate.
For a free window treatment consultation and an estimate, call (630) 420-0800.