When thinking about blinds, I think: neat, simple, orderly, compact, functional. They’re easy to clean, and they will give me full exposure of the window when I want a non-obstructed view.
Here are some general tips when selecting blinds:
- Verticals or any vertical sheers will enhance the height of the room.
- For vertical blinds, make sure to allow 3/4” clearance from the floor for easy traversing.
- For Wood or Venetian blinds, consider the use of decorative tapes to add color, pattern, and that customized look to the room.
- If vibrant colors are preferred, consider metal blinds. They are available in a wide array of colors, come cordless, and you can add tape to 2” slats for a rich, customized look. Make sure that the color of the metal blind is white to the street side, especially the front of the house; otherwise, the facade of will not look unified.
- Generally, the smaller the slats, the less light comes in when they are open.
- The top-down feature is great for allowing some light in while maintaining privacy at the same time. This feature is ideal for cutting the sun’s glare when working on a computer. Now the cellular shades with the top-down feature come with cords hidden to the sides for a neater look that does not disturb the view.
- Select cordless for child and pet safety.
Call (630)420-0800 for free estimates.
Below are selected videos for the many styles and options. Enjoy