Luxury custom drapes are a beauty to behold and every home deserves them. Unfortunately, most people don’t know the difference between curtains, drapes, and blinds. So let’s explore some basics such as the differences between these common window coverings, and also cover some of the advantages of luxury custom drapes as opposed to regular store-bought ones.
What are drapes and are they popular?
Drapes are one of the most common and popular interior window coverings around today, but they’ve also been used throughout history in both modern and classical homes. It’s not uncommon to get confused at the different types of window coverings, so here are some quick explanations to help you get a better idea of why everyone loves luxury custom drapes.
- Drapes are usually large pieces of thick fabric that cover windows. Their purpose is mainly to block light, but they can also brighten up a room and add some visual elements to catch the eye. They are typically attached to rings or hooks which hang from a rod above the window.
- Curtains are similar to drapes, but they aren’t designed to block light. They are often made with a thin fabric and have unique pattern cutouts to let light in.
- Blinds are window coverings that are made from smaller lengths of a solid material such as wood or vinyl.
- Shades are usually a single piece of fabric or material that is rolled up or down to cover a window.
As you can imagine, there’s a use case for all of these different window coverings. So what advantages are there in exclusively using drapes around your home?
Why use luxury custom drapes?
They’re effective at blocking out the sun
There are several reasons that you might want to block the sunlight. If you like to sleep in and don’t want to be woken up by the sun, then luxury custom drapes can help block out the sun thanks to the thick and sturdy materials. The sun could also damage the furniture in your rooms if it’s left exposed for a long time. With a good-quality drape, you can prevent this damage to your furniture.
Whether you want to control the light in your rooms or just protect furniture, luxury custom drapes could be the answer that you’re looking for.
They add style and privacy to your room
Many blackout curtains are bulky, heavy, and don’t look very nice in a room. While they do keep the sun and eyes out, there are better options. Luxury custom drapes are designed to be thick enough to block both sunlight and snooping eyes, so there’s no need to compromise between privacy and style. You can get the privacy you’re looking for with a thicker drape, and you don’t have to worry about it looking out of place.
So don’t compromise–use high-quality drapes to add both style and privacy to your rooms.
They can provide insulation
A high-quality luxury custom drape is made from thick materials. This adds weight to the drape which helps to keep it from moving around, and it also creates a barrier between your window and the rest of your home. As temperatures drop, it’s common for our windows to become cold, thus transferring some of that chill into the air in our homes. With thick luxury custom drapes, you don’t have to worry about that being a problem. The thick material will easily block the cold air, insulating your home and potentially lowering your heating bills.
So if you’re looking for something to make your home more energy-efficient, consider using luxury custom drapes.
Why choose luxury custom drapes?
So what’s the difference between luxury custom drapes and regular ones you can buy from the store or even online?
- You have more choice over the design of the drape.
- You can choose a custom size that fits the height of your walls.
- The colors and patterns can match your room’s existing decor.
- You can pick custom drapery hardware to suit your room. This includes beautiful rods and rings that have unique designs.
- It gives a unique identity to your rooms that can’t be replicated.
Want to learn more?
There’s a whole world of design choices to pick from which can be fairly daunting to browse through. So if you want to learn more and work together with experienced professionals, schedule a design consultation today and we’d be happy to help with your interior design needs.