Roman shades are becoming more and more popular, but there are a few pieces of advice I would like to share about them.
- When selecting your fabric, make sure to use solid-color fabric or fabric with vertical stripes.
- Look for cotton fabric, because it has proven to be a reliable and durable fabric for Roman shades. Polyester blends and some silks are also good choices. (When in doubt, ask a window covering expert!)
- Avoid prints with horizontal repeats, such as floral or geometric prints or plaids, because printed fabric with horizontal repeat patterns often do not match the grain of the fabric – in which case, the Roman shades can appear crooked when installed.
In the photo below, you will see the print is off by approximately one inch. This is enough of a variance that the finished shade might look as though it was installed improperly.
We have provided hundreds of Roman shades by industry leader Horizons, for our clients. Why Horizons Roman shades?
- Quality lining upgrade – no extra charge!
- Hidden support rods (to create stability) are standard – no extra charge!
- Cordless control for child and pet safety – no extra charge!
- Duofold controls available – to enable you to lower the top down and raise the bottom up – no extra charge!
- Back valance to cover the mechanics of the shade so it is not visible from the outside, for a cleaner look and added beauty – no extra charge!
- Knife and ribbed upgrade at no extra charge!
- Quick delivery – no extra charge!
- All brackets are fabric-wrapped for a clean, finished look – no extra charge!
- Black-out lining is available – without the pin holes!
- Free sample swatches for our clients – totally free!
Fabric shades have always been popular window treatments. We have seen more interest in the use of shades the past few years. Our clients prefer fabric shades (Flat Roman, Water fall Roman, Hobbled Roman, Balloon shades, Austrian shades, …. etc.) because they look neat, they provide a valance look when they are lifted up, they insulate–especially when interlined–they provide full privacy when pulled down, they can have the top down feature, and now they can be ordered cordless for child and pet safety.
Our client from Burr Ridge, DuPage County, Illinois, she loved the look of Balloon valances and Roman shades. Well, she got them both in this fabulous window covering.
You know what else is FREE? Our estimates! Call 630-420-0800 to set up a no-obligation window treatment consultation!